My transformation began at the dinner table in August of 2016. I was fed up with where I was physically. It was time for a change. Four months later I was down 26 pounds and added a lot of muscle.
By the end of 2016, I had a couple of coaches in my life. I believe in the power of coaching. In March of 2017, I had an opportunity to speak at a fitness camp. Another opportunity was given to me as well in April.
What took place in those nine months would help me to create a number of coloring books, journals, and a fitness book all published through Amazon.
It was also during this time that I began to blog! I began blogging back in 2007 or 2008. I still had a WordPress account. I just didn’t do too much with it. I’m thankful I didn’t give up this time.
So, here we are! It’s 2020. It’s blog #500. Below are some lessons I’ve learned along the way.
- Just get started and figure out the details later.
- Be yourself and write what’s interesting to you.
- Not everyone will follow you and that’s okay.
- It’s okay when people unsubscribe to your blog. Let’s be honest, you’ve done the same thing with other bloggers. So have I. It’s OKAY. It just means that person is not the right fit.
- Determine your own schedule. There’s so many ideas out there. Monday, Wednesday, Friday. Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday. Just figure out what works for you.
- Utilize the tools WordPress provides. They really do come in handy! Use the free photos. It took me a while to figure this out!
7. Brag about yourself! Wait? What? What I mean is share your success stories. Share what’s great in your life. This often has a way of encouraging and inspiring others.
8. Ignore the numbers. Too many times we get caught up in the numbers. Blogging takes time. Gaining an audience takes time. Focusing on the numbers too much may not be the best thing.
9. Focus on the content. This is hard to write because I don’t always feel like my content is the best. But good content is how you will draw people to your blog and keep them.
10. Don’t be so serious! Life is more than just our PLATFORMS. It’s more than just how many followers we have. Don’t take things too seriously. Enjoy the process. Figure out ways to get better on a regular basis. Get after it! Have fun.
I CAN DO…SO CAN YOU.
I’m going to focus more on my Podcast and other speaking opportunities and new adventures for the rest of 2020. My website will continue to be active and will continue to have new podcasts loaded. You have 500 blogs to read, share, and to consider! Please enjoy.
Also, I love to hear feedback, thoughts, disagreements, and to have discussion. I’m off of Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and Linkedin. If you want to talk, leave a comment or shoot me an email.
Here is the link to my Podcast which I will be focusing more on this second half of the year! I’m going to double down on my speaking abilities.