Maybe I shouldn’t be writing this. But it came to me as I wrapped up my upper body workout. I’m typing this while walking on treadmill. I’m breaking some blogging rules, but I’m going for it.
Does that ever happen to you?
Maybe I shouldn’t be writing this. I’m no expert. In fact, I’m still struggling with it. But I’m closer to where I want to be.
I’m closer to who I want to be.
So here it is. This is a work in progress. Let me know your thoughts.
How to quit social media.
1. Know it probably won’t happen the first time around. When you fall down, get back up and keep trying.
2. There has to be a first time (fast, deactivate, delete). Why not now? Now is much better than later.
3. Replace it with something else. You will feel lost for a while. I’m still having withdrawals. Do more exercise. Clean out your closet. Take more naps. Sign up for Toastmasters. Take a cooking class. Finish those books. Exercise more!
4. Appreciate what your gaining (autonomy, time, self-control, more connected to people in your home and community.
5. Don’t broadcast on social media. Trust me! Don’t! Just start it. It may feel weird not sharing your plans. But you will be better off for it.
6. You will need more than willpower. Delete. That’s the most effective. Even then on Facebook, they make it hard by giving you 30 days to activate again. Clean up your phone. Delete apps. Deactivate posting your blogs on social media. Sure, your “follower number” will go down, but long term it will be worth it. If people are interested in what you have to say, they will find you.
Sweat is falling on my phone. This is enough for now.
Let me know how you do.
I Can Do…So Can you
Feel free to like, share, comment.