I had a nice surprise earlier today. I was nominated for the health blog award by Saguren at https://exercisehealthcoach.wordpress.com I am honored to be nominated for this award. It really means a lot to me. I try to live a healthy life. I’m no way perfect, but I strive for progress. Below are some things about me that you may not know.
- I majored in Kinesiology at the University of Illinois years ago.
- I used to teach Spin Classes.
- I’ve had a few workout pics in a published book by Human Kinetics called “Mind & Muscle: Psych Up, Build Up.” By Blair Whitmarsh, Ph.D.
- I’ve been able to give two motivational speeches at the Transformation Center in Denver Colorado with Bill Phillips. I take my health seriously. I hope you will take yours seriously as well.
- This blog is called icandoicd because I have an ICD (Internal Cardio-Verter Defibrillator). Don’t take your health for granted.
Here are the rules and then I will answer the questions.
- Put the award logo/image on your blog on one of your posts.
- List the rules.
- Thank whoever nominated you and provide a link back to their blog. Thank you very much Saguren. His excellent blogs can be found at https://exercisehealthcoach.wordpress.com
- Answer the 5 questions from the blogger who nominated you.
- Mention the creator of the award and provide a link as well; https://exercisehealthcoach.wordpress.com
- Tell your readers 3 things about yourself.
- You have to nominate 10-20 people.
- Notify your nominees by commenting on their blog.
- Ask your nominees any 5 questions of your choice; with one weird or funny question (you can use the same questions if you can’t think of your own).
- Share a link to your best post.
- What commonly known healthy habit do you still struggle to maintain? ANSWER: Exercise has always been easy for me. I love the feeling. I would say balancing a healthy diet is still a struggle. Specifically eating sweets like CAKE!
- What advice would you give to yourself 10 years ago? ANSWER: 10 years ago is when I got my ICD device. I would tell myself to stay in the good shape I was in and to be more aggressive getting back into the weights. I had to take 5-6 weeks off from lifting, and I was really scared to get back to lifting. I would do differently this time around.
- What is one thing you only do when no-one is looking? (This is the funny one). ANSWER: I would say FLEX in a mirror, but I have also been known to do this even when others are looking.
- If you could change one thing about the world, what would it be? ANSWER: I live in Texas and there are so many DONUT shops. Make it stop. I would change that. And oh yeah, I would eliminate all judge television shows!
- Which movie, author, song, or celebrity do you think is seriously underrated? ANSWER: Right now Cal Newport is one of my favorite authors. His name is becoming more well-known but I would say him.
Right Now one of my more popular health blogs is “Traveling and staying in shape.” Click HEREto read it.
I nominate…Mine are those who deal with either physical, mental, or spiritual health.