June 1st, I created what’s called the Nehemiah Challenge.
Nehemiah was a man we read about in the Bible. He was a great leader. He got stuff done FAST!
He helped the Israelites rebuild the wall in Jerusalem. The wall had not been rebuilt for decades. Nehemiah would go and help the people repair the wall and gates in 52 days! Cmon now!
That’s deep work (read that book).
There was a crucial conversation (read that book) with the people and then a decision was made!
Why do wait so long to get things done? Why do we delay? There’s never a perfect time to get things done. You just have to decide to get stuff done.
So much can be done in 52 days…
Looking back it’s crazy to see what we can actually do…
My life has changed…
1. I wrote a short book for my dad. Learning the process of using Kindle Direct Publishing was great. Getting that done was big for me. The book is really short, but following through and doing what I said I would do was KEY.
2. I created two coloring books with two more almost done. This opened the door for me to speaking to someone at M.D. Anderson cancer center about getting the books in there for patients going through chemo. It also opened a door for another coloring book idea. I want to inspire others. It’s working.
3. I finished an online class.
4. I held a weekend preaching meeting in Houston.
5. I updated this blog (and will continue to do so). I also hit some personal milestones with this blog.
6. I was able to get ads in this blog.
7. I maintained my weight (this is always a big deal).
8. I increased my weight on the incline bench press.
9. I am helping people now get in shape with some personal training.
10. I got up to date with my chronological Bible reading.
11. I listened to the book of Ezekiel in the Bible (I’m preparing for a Bible class in November.
52 days sounds like a long time but it’s not. It really goes by fast. So what’s next?
It’s time for another Nehemiah Challenge. Are you ready? What have you been delaying doing? Why? What if the only one holding you back from what you really want is YOU?
What do you want to accomplish? Write some of the things you want to do in a comment below. Maybe I could help you? Or maybe someone else who reads it will be able to help you.
I have some personal goals to crush over the next 52 days. This will take us to September 13th. I will not share all of them, but I will give you a few.
1. Hike Pikes Peak in Colorado (pray for me).
2. Sit at my kitchen table in August on the day of my birthday with a big smile on my face thankful that I’ve been able to keep the weight off I lost last year (I’m never going back).
3. Begin the process of getting certified as a personal trainer.
4. Hold and complete two preaching meetings in Texas.
5. Reach 10,000 views on this blog. Will you help me and share my posts on social media?
6. Find a guest blogger for my site and become a guest blogger for someone else (think big).
7. Begin process of finalizing book for weight loss.
8. Complete the next two coloring books and have them available on Amazon!
9. Get into my 32 inch jeans. I’m close! I’m 33 jeans now. This will happen.
This is just the start. I love the Nehemiah Challenge. Just get started where ever you are. Don’t be like so many who get started but never finish.
Cmon now you can do this! Let’s go.