This is too good to be true! Everything seems to be working out the way I want it to. So, why do I have this sinking feeling that things are about to go from really GOOD to really BAD?
Have you ever experienced moments like that before? I have!
I love it when things are working out really well. It feels great. But I’m also realistic to know that there are highs and lows. I know there will be challenges that will come along the way.
However, a bigger challenge may be keeping those thoughts of “When is the shoe going to fall off” under control.
It’s often the case that we can constantly worry and be consumed about the bad things! But what if we simply enjoyed the moments even more that are going really well? That’s a much better option.
Recently, I read a book called, The Big Leap: Conquer your hidden fear and take life to the next level by Gay Hendricks. The author spoke about these kinds of moments where we are always focusing on “What ifs” “This is too good to be true” and “When is the shoe going to fall off?”
He describes how sometimes people put an “Upper Limit” on themselves.
- They feel so happy about a situation, but then they begin to feel bad because they feel so great!
- They feel like they don’t deserve to feel good.
- They worry about leaving other people behind.
As a result, they will look to do something to sabotage the joy they are experiencing. Does any of this sound familiar? If you’re having a great day, then enjoy the great day.
- The reality is each person has to make their own daily choices. Some people may choose not to grow, to improve, to change for the better. That’s a choice they make. But we can’t let their choices hold us back from improving.
- When you’re putting in the work (family, career, health, etc.) it’s okay to enjoy your work and effort.
- It could be that you’re afraid of future success. Why? More responsibilities? More opportunities to fail? That’s not a healthy way of thinking.
Tomorrow is not promised! Don’t worry about the shoe! Keep them laced up tight and keep going!
I CAN DO…SO CAN YOU!
For more thoughts to help you to grow spiritually, to improve physically, and for overall personal development, check out my I CAN DO with Benjamin Lee Podcast! You can find it on all the major Podcast Platforms.
Pocket Cast: https://pca.st/42kow320