My son and I saw them doing their work. They weren’t bothered (or at least it appeared that way) that we were standing above them admiring their work effort.
Ants. Small but powerful.
Ants have been on my mind. Part of it is because of Marvel and the movies Ant-Man and Ant-Man and the Wasp. But another reason is because of what the Bible says about ants. Did you know that in the book of Proverbs, Solomon spoke about ants? He even told us to consider the ant. Here’s what he says. As you read the verses, think about what we are to learn from them.
“Go to the ant, O sluggard, Observe her ways and be wise, which, having no chief, officer or ruler, prepares her food in the summer and gathers her provision in the harvest. How long will you lie down, O sluggard? When will you arise from your sleep? ‘A little sleep, a little slumber, a little folding of the hands to rest – your poverty will come in like a vagabond and your need like an armed man.”
WOW. So much to consider from these verses and from ants. What stood out to you? As I think about these verses, I see how they can help me and you to have an I CAN DO mindset.
- Ants work hard on a daily basis. They aren’t lazy. The word “sluggard” is used a few times and means sluggish or lazy. Many are lazy, but ants don’t fall into that category.
- Ants think about the future and do the necessary work so they will be prepared.
- Ants take the initiative and don’t wait for others.
I think in every area of our lives, ants can help us.
- Faith: In our faith, we need to be like ants. We need to be thinking about the future and preparing. This world is not our home. We’re just passing through. Like ants, we need to arise and build.
- Family: In our homes, we need to be like ants. Parents need to teach their children to consider ants and how hard they work. Less social media and more hard work. When it comes to our finances, we need to be like ants. Prepare for the future. BUild up and save.
- Fitness: When it comes to our health, we need to be like ants. We need to wake up early and get moving. We need to motivate ourselves and not wait for others to do so.
- Food: Like ants, we need to make the proper preparations. We need to plan and prepare. Those two words will help us to be successful when it comes to eating right.
So, in closing, be an Ant-Man.
Be an Ant-Woman.
Take some time to consider these marvelous creatures.
This is how we can have an I CAN DO mindset. Do you agree? I would love to hear from you.